Application Essay Prompts: How to grab Attention
What does an Octopus have to do with application essay prompts, absolutely nothing, but didn't it grab your attention? Getting your College or University essay noticed is all about thinking outside of the box. By writing about something unexpected or tackling the essay question from an unpredictable angle. If you think about it this is the best way to get the attention of the Admittance Officers, after all these people sit in an office all day reading the application essays that have been written by students just like you. If you want to guarantee your self a spot on the accepted list try to impress the reader by writing about something unique and different.
Being creative on demand isn't always easy. A writing prompt is a helpful tool that students can use to get themselves inspired to write their application essay. Below, we have included 10 fantastic student-writing prompts that are guaranteed to get your paper noticed.
- What was the most significant event that happened the day you were born?
- Imagine that cheese is your favorite food but you are also lactose intolerant....
- If a tree falls in the woods and nobody was around to hear it does it make a sound?
- How much wood COULD a Woodchuck chuck really?
- Who came first the chicken or the egg?
- What was the funniest joke you have ever heard, why was it so funny?
- If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around to hear it does it make a sound?
- Describe in detail the super powers that you would have if you were a superhero
- If you could be any celebrity living or dead who would it be and why?
- What is your favorite thing about writing an admittance essay- be honest?
Right off the bat these writing prompts may seem ridiculous and not at all helpful. However, once you attempt to write them into your essay you may find yourself creating a creative and interesting piece that is absolutely one of a kind. Even if you do not end up using the exact writing prompt in your application paper, just taking a minute to consider these silly questions may give you a bit of inspiration. Overcoming writers block and creating a fantastic piece of writing that get's noticed is easy once you get over your inhibitions- don't be afraid to try something different once and awhile.